Bright and breezy .....

11th October 2024 (Friday)     09.30 .... We have a bright and breezy morning, with the chance of

light rain showers.  The showers are forecast fade away to give us a cool, sunny and dry afternoon.  I feel like taking a walk to the beach but it depends on how cold the air is.  Having slept in I'm behind schedule: However I've showered and had breakfast, now I need another cuppa to get me going.

17.00    I've got my car back!    I phoned the garage this morning to see of it was done: found out that all was good, MOT and everything.  I then phoned Myra, to see if she could give me a run to the garage to pick up my car.   She could and did and I am mobile again.   I went straight  from the garage to Sainsbury's Leven to do a shopping!   Where I stocked up with food!   Even the Emergency rations were.... would you believe it.....  being rationed!   All is back to nearly normal.    With no bus service to Earlsferry now I felt 'trapped'!   Being 'trapped' in The Royal Burgh is fine;  being short of Emergency Rations and trapped isn't so good!    I bought food as well as chocolate biscuits!   I met Alice and Karen (Alice's daughter) in Sainsbury's doing their weekly shop   In the 'good old days (when Sainsbury's had a Café) we'd have gone upstairs and had morning coffee.   It feels good to be able to go out in the cat again.    The above photo is the only one I took today;  it was too cold for me to go to the harbour.

19.30  I thought the work at the Ferry Road sub-station would have been finished today but the trench is still  fenced off.   (The photograph was taken yesterday).  I suppose it adds a bit of colour to a photograph.   I'll be able to go for the paper tomorrow and, if it isn't windy and cold, I might visit the harbour.   "Light rain showers and a fresh breeze" is the forecast ... so we can expect sunshine between the showers!   With the wind being fresh it will feel cold!

22.00    Now that I have the car back I can look forward to getting back to normal.   There's still a mobility scooter to organise so that I can go round the villages with the camera again. 
Our 'bucket' routine changes this weekend.   Tomorrow it's the Grey bin (Paper etc), then on Monday we put out the Green bin.   Thereafter the collections will be on Mondays.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Overcast with light rain .....

Cold and overcast ....