The Troops .....


29th March 2016 (Tuesday) ...09.00     I should be in ‘major flap on’ mode, but, since I came back from my morning walk along the beach... and ‘roond the Chapel’ .... I cannot work myself intae a ‘flap on’ state at all, it was so peaceful 
Sunrise
‘out’.    The thing is ‘The Troops’ are coming and I should really be ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ and stuff like that .... I’ll start by pressing the switch on the kettle.   Oh, I forgot to tell you;   I was flicking Maggie’s pet spiders around with the feather duster when all the feathers fell out!    Q.  What do you call a bald feather duster?    A.   a useless plastic pole!     Now I’d better have a cuppa,.... then make an effort to get the ‘ooverin’ done!

23.30     My word ... we have had a busy, and very enjoyable day.    The ‘Troops’ arrived about 16.30, having driven through all kinds of weather, including sleet showers, on their way up from Cumbria..... luckily most of the time it was sunny.

Jenny came along from Dalgety Bay late in the afternoon, and we all went along to The Waterfront (Anstruther) for ‘dinner’;   and very nice it was.    All three of us had
Earlsferry beach
something different from the Menu:  I had Steak and Ale Pie for the Main Course, which “Puku” found very palatable indeed... the other three dishes also looked very tempting to “Puku”:  but then all ‘food’ is tempting to “Puku”.      “Puku” is not good at ‘yielding’.    

Back at Ivy we had a cuppa and caught up with all the ‘news’ from ‘down south etc.   Iain and Martin are coming down (from Auchnagatt) on Friday, to set me up with ‘new’ (for me) desk top computer.    Emily decided that we ought to make the area a bit tidier for Iain working so she set too and cleared a space in ‘nae time’.    I shall continue with this effort tomorrow,
Chapel Green Earlsferry
when the ‘Troops’ are along at Dalgety Bay.    The desk top computer will make working with the photographs more comfortable than with the laptop...  I already have two monitors, and they can be ‘knitted’ together to give a bigger working area.

I’d best get orf to bed ... I want to get ‘up’ and down the beach for my early morning breath of ‘Royal’ air ... and to catch the sunrise.

Photographs : Top – Sunrise this morning, Middle – the Ferry beach , and Bottom – Chapel Green.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....