Getting fit again ....


12th March 2016 (Saturday) .... 08.30    It looks like being another nice enough day .... there’s more of a wind, (from the Southwest), but it’s not unpleasant.    It was good to see a ‘girlfriend’ down on the beach for sunrise, one of the lassies from 
Sunrise time
‘across from Skipper’s house’ ... I am awfie at remembering names;   anyway we both enjoyed a bonnie, 10 minutes late sunrise,....  due to clouds on the horizon.    Having said that the ten minutes before the actual sunrise is when you get the bonniest sky.   Orf....  to have breakfast, “Puku” is grumbling.

20.00     This has been one of the most satisfying days I’ve had re getting my muscles back into shape after my hip replacement:   I cycled ‘my’;   St Monans/Abercrombie/Arncroach/ Balcarres/Colinsburgh/Kilconquhar, training route ....a total distance of 20.28k (12.6 miles) from Ivy to Ivy.   It is a useful route to take for exercising muscles that need building up (especially at my age):    it has gentle climbs, downhill and level bits, bonnie scenery, more so when the trees are in leaf, and is just the right distance:  my
Colinsburgh - Kinneuchar road
 

hip, and leg, muscles were ready for a cuppa when I got back to Ivy.    The hardest ‘climb’ is the ‘kailyard hill’ at Ardross, especially if, like me, you bike on the ‘pavement’.    There are other short sharp climbs, but nothing that I couldn’t cope with.... though I did push the bike up from the ‘Den’ on the Balcarres Mains road;   there were too many loose stones:   and, I didn’t want to risk falling off, and damaging the new hip.   It’s the first hill I’ve pushed the bike up any hill  in years.... I must have more sense now.    “Puku” is not happy!     According to the ‘tracker’ I burnt orf 2018 calories!     Calories ‘IN’ = expanding puku;    calories OUT = shrinking puku.   “Puku” is highly displeased with today’s efforts.

The Ferry beach
I arrived back at home at 10.50, just in time to get the kettle on before Jimmy arrived.    After our cuppa Jimmy and I went to Leven, we both needed milk, and Jimmy likes the latte in Sainsbury’s Cafe.   We were back in Elie in time for a late lunch.    My afternoon was spent, pottering about doing ‘housewifely things’, and  watching the England v Wales from Twickenham.    England won, 25 -21, which means they also get the Triple Crown    It also means it will be headline News for the next 10 months.. 

I went down to the beach at sunset time, and got some good photos of two dogs that were really really enjoying their evening walk/swim,.... as were the trio of happy folk throwing  sticks into the water so that the dogs had to swim out to retrieve said sticks.    It was interesting to see a dog try to jump over the waves (which weren’t awfie big), rather than keep swimming, and allow its body to be lifted by the wave.

Tomorrow is most definitely a kirk day;   its ‘coffee after the Service’ Sunday!    I shall
Balcarres sheep/lambs
not allow myself to be diverted no matter what tempts me!    When it comes to temptation ‘I shall not yield’!    I will go down to the beach at sunrise but that still gives me plenty of time to get ready for the kirk at 10.00.    Immediately after this ‘update’ I am going to have a hot, Radox, bath to refresh my hard working muscles.

Photographs : Top – sunrise time, Next  – Colinsburgh to Kinneuchar road, Next – happy dogs on the beach at sunset time, and Bottom - Balcarres lambs with 'mothers'.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....