Birthday 'Boy' ....


23rd March 2016 (Wednesday) .... 07.45     It’s overcast, but dry, this morning.... a nice enough morning for going ‘out and about’:  which I’m doing;    shopping in Leven most of the morning.     It was quiet down on the beach, but I wasn’t alone this morning .... a lassie jogger out for some morning exercise.   I used to enjoy
Jogger on Elie beach
running... and I enjoy seeing others doing it now.    Better go and have a cuppa before taking orf for Leven.

21.30     I’ve had a great day;  mostly ‘playing’ but I did do some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’... and, changed the Hoover bag:   and that was a job (fitting anew Hoover bag) that stretched the auld brain.    However I got it done, and I’m looking forward to doing some real ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ tomorrow.

The shopping went exceedingly well.... and, being as it’s “Puku’s” birthday I even bought ‘him’ some goodies, and went up to the Cafe for a Latte and a chocolate chip cookie thing!     “Puku” is a contented puku this evening.

The Chapel ruin... Earlsferry
After lunch I took Sooper Buggy up to Colinsburgh for a ‘feed’... and went up to Balcarres for a short walk.     I was hoping to find “Sarah van Veen” (Magnolia tree) in flower but I think I’ve missed ‘her’ this year.    It was a bit dull at this time so I didn’t go far;   the weather forecast is better for Friday, when I intend biking up to the Estate.    The weather for tomorrow might be, ‘iffy’ in the morning, but brighter in the afternoon.

This afternoon I biked up to “The Boss’s Seat” for instructions;  “change the Hoover bag” was one of them ... instructions i.e.   The sun broke through the clouds a few times when I was up there:  I took this as a favourable sign....” The Boss” was ‘happy’ with me!     I pottered around the Chapel area, then Lundar Law, before heading back
Sunset time Earlsferry
to Ivy and  the inevitable ‘cuppa’.

“Puku” likes ‘Maw Broons Kitchen’, Empire Biscuits, and Millionaires shortbread:    he has had a “Happy Birthday” indeed!    However, the ‘feasting’ will be a short lived, Jimmy and I will finish orf the goodies ‘ra morra’;   and “Puku” will be back on the exercise routine on Friday morning!

Photographs : Top – a jogger on a training run along the beach, Middle – The Chapel Ruin on Chapel Green Earlsferry, and Bottom – sunset time over Earlsferry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....