Down amongst the rocks ....


25th March 2016 (Friday) 07.30 ..... we have ,“bright and sunny” with a cool westerly breeze this morning;    a lovely morning for ‘frolicking’.... and a nice ‘drying day’.   Low tide is at 09.20, so I’m going down to the beach to plowter around
Early morning jogger on Elie beach
the rocks, before getting the bike out and going down to the harbour:  ‘The Galley’ opens for the summer season, tomorrow, Saturday..... the holiday has me thinking ‘today’ is Saturday.       However, before doing anything else I must hang out the washing.

10.30    It’s beautiful down on the beach, definitely “bright and sunny” .... and it’s good to see it, the beach, with people enjoying themselves.    There was a good mix of things going on .... dogs, and people enjoying Elie and Earlsferry.    The tide was out, and it is a fairly low one, but not exceptional.... however it was far enough out for me to have a braw potter around amongst the rocks.    Oh ... and I did remember to hang out the washing before I went to the beach.    I’d better get the kettle ‘on’ .... Jimmy will be arriving soon for h
varied selection of seaweeds
is morning cuppa.

21.00      This has been a ‘quiet’ day for me .... most of the day I have been doing things around Ivy.    Jimmy came along about 11.00 and we had our cuppa in the Hutte .... where the temperature was 24c.    We discussed the weather, mostly the ‘equinoxial gales’ that are going to hit us tomorrow , and how there are regular spells of weather with local names.    Interesting morning.

In the afternoon I just kept on ‘pottering’ around Ivy .... I did think of getting the bike out, but Ferry Road seemed awfie busy so I abandoned that ‘plan’... and  had another cuppa in the Hutte, because I was now at the zig zag line stage of a migraine .... I blame the weather, though it was more likely brought on by me eating a Teasers Easter Egg!     The best thing I could do was have ‘50’ ... which is ‘iggzactly’ what I did.     

Since then I have played about with the long handled sponge I got for cleaning the
Cloudless sky over Earlsferry
bath, ate sausages and mash with loads of fried ‘ingins’, and  decided that I might do something exciting ‘ra morra’.     I certainly haven’t done very much in the way of excitement today.

Photographs : Top – early morning jogger, Middle – nice selection of seaweeds in a rock pool, and Bottom – cloudless sky this morning .... which had well changed by evening time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....