31st March 2016 (Thursday)  .... 09.00     There’s a change with the weather this morning ....  the wind,(F2) is from the East, the sky is mostly overcast, but it’s dry, and actually nice for being out and about:   wellll ...‘out and about’ anywhere,
Lone jogger on The Ferry beach
barring the bottom of Ferry Wynd, where there’s a blocked drain, with raw sewage all over the place.   Avoid the bottom of Ferry Wynd!

The beach was peaceful, just a single jogger, three folk out walking their dogs, and myself.     I didn’t go ‘roond the Chapel’ this morning;   I didn’t get ‘up’ until ‘Wallace and Gromit’ fired up at 06.50., and  therefore running behind schedule ...... “Puku” needed feeding.      

My original ‘plan’ was to find a “Molly” to coddle me today:   however, I suspect that any mollycoddling will have to be self inflicted.     In point of fact, I’m going to find some more paper to shred, that’s going to be today’s ‘work’.... the  waste paper bucket goes out tomorrow.

22.30     Jenny, Em and John went over to St Andrews, then on to Kirkcaldy, so they’ve had a busy day ... and so have I.    The computer desk is ready for Iain, I also shredded some more paper .... my ‘black’ bucket is ‘up tae the eyeballs’ ... and paper is heavy..... I only hope that the handles of the bucket don’t get ripped orf, and the bucket left stood staunin’ on the ground when the come to empty it!     I am well pleased with today’s efforts.... or will be after I get the empty bucket back.

In the afternoon, because I’d forgotten to give the ‘troops’ a key, I didn’t go to the “Drop in Cafe”, but, being as it was such a bonnie day I did manage a short  foray down to the beach;   on the way orf the beach I came across Jimmy (Mackie) sitting on a seat.... so I joined him for a chat.     Jimmy is an original ‘Ferry man’, and I have to be careful when talking aboot Elie;  Elie has to be referred to as ‘the ither place’.   
Elie
 
Jimmy is a right Ferry person .... as was Maggie.

   We’ve had a bonnie day, but there has been a cool onshore wind, so even in the sunshine on the beach, you had to be well wrapped up.    Having said that everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves... but that’s what Elie and Earlsferry beaches are all about.     For some reason I started thinking about the beaches on Cyprus when I was down there .... strange thoughts, because the only similarity was the colour of the sand;   the temperature most certainly was not of  Mediterrean levels. 

Emily and John arrived home about an hour ago, and are away for a walk across the
Earlsferry
golf course.    I’m transferring some photos off the old computer... and that’s going to take a long time;   going by the speed the green line is moving at.

John made spaghetti/lasagne for our dinner, and it was absolutely out of this world .... “Puku” is thinking of joining the Fleet Air Arm now!     Not only did we have the lasagne, for our ‘sweet’ had Fisher and Donaldson Fudge Doughnuts;   so “Puku” is one happy, and very contented puku tonight.    John and Em are orf back to Cumbria, where John’s folks live, then they will travel down to Somerset on Monday.    They’re having an early start tomorrow morning, so it’s an early night in bed tonight.

Photographs : Top – a lone jogger the beach, Middle – Elie this afternoon, and Bottom – Earlsferry this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....