Happiness spreading day ....


24th March 2016 (Thursday) .... 08.30      Although it’s dreich, overcast with light rain  just now, the clouds in Western sky look like they are ‘breaking up’, so it should be “bright, and maybe even sunny” by the afternoon.... and windier.     I
A quiet corner of Elie beach
haven’t been down to the beach this morning;   but I will go out, after I update the Hutte and have  breakfast.    This wetness will have scuppered any ‘tidy up the garden’ plans .... the ‘broon’ bucket is full anyway.... so it looks like being ‘ousework this morning;   after I get back from the beach of course!   

20.30    Most of today has been spent inside Ivy doing ‘ousework .... ironing etc.    Jimmy came along for his morning cuppa;   and I was well ready for a break.     We blethered up to lunch time.... and finished orf the Birthday goodies.    All I have to do now is exercise them (the ‘goodies’)  off .... especially off “Puku”.

Wind surfer off Elie harbour beach
We did get an improvement in the weather in the afternoon;   the overcast sky broke up and we had ‘sunny intervals’... though still cold in the Westerly wind.     I biked along to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ f or afternoon coffee, and a natter.   This reminds me;  the next Church event is the Service down at Elie Harbour on Easter morning;  this Service is followed by ‘breakfast rolls’, and tea/coffee in  the kirk hall.  Then there’s the normal Service in the Elie Church.    Anyway ... I’m wandering again.... when I left the ‘Drop in Cafe’ I biked home via Elie Estate, where I met Stuart and his mate, workin’ like Trojans... and looking forward to retirement.    Of course I was able to tell them that being retired is ‘hard work’....  and that I’m ‘shattered’ when I go to bed every night.   The wages  aren’t that great either.    Having spread a bit of happiness, I then pedalled my way, leisurely, back home to Ivy ... and put the kettle ‘on’.    Stuart and his mate were contemplating the merits of not retiring until they are 80 when I left them....
Kinneuchar Loch this afternoon
they should sleep well tonight.     Jings ... I'm just one bundle of happiness spreading atoms:   I shall sleep well tonight too!

What am I doing tomorrow?    Oh aye the “The Galley”...  at the Sailing Club ‘opens’ for the Summer season tomorrow, so I’ll have go down there for a morning  cuppa, and to catch up with the ‘news’.    ‘Crane in’ is on St George’s Day, 23rd April, so the actual harbour will  be more or less empty until then;   though there might be one or two smaller boats launched orf the beach.      I wonder if the pontoon will be in place, at the steps, by then?

Photographs : Top – a sheltered corner of Elie beach at The Breakwater, Middle – a windsurfer  off Elie harbour beach, and Bottom – Kinneuchar loch this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....