Spring at last ....


The Breakwater, Elie
28th March 2016 (Monday) ... 08.00    The beach was very quiet this morning .... only myself and one other person, who might have been my neighbour Chris, taking “Skye” for her morning walk, but they were too far away to recognise.    The tide was ‘in’...  it had just started to ebb actually,  so I didn’t have much beach to ‘play’ with;  however I had a leisurely walk along to The Breakwater and back, long enough to work up an appetite.

It looks like being a bonnie day, as far as the weather goes by the look of it at sunrise time.... though the sunrise wasn’t visible, being hidden behind low clouds.    I have a washing on the line, so I’m looking for some nice sunshine, with a light Westerly breeze, to dry it.

Elie Bay
22.30      We’ve had a beautiful Spring day at the “Centre of the Universe” today .... a perfect drying day!    It’s amazing how I have changed:    before Maggie died I didn’t realise just how important a good drying day was.... now I look at the weather forecast, to find out which day of the week looks like being the best for doing a washing!   Jings how sad is that!    Strangely enough, I quite enjoy being the new ‘me’... now that I have adapted to a ‘life without Maggie’ doing all the real work!     Never thought I’d manage to do that.... and I most certainly wouldn’t have ‘got where I am now’, without my  family and friends, who have pointed, and prodded, me in the right direction, as required.... without all of ‘you’ I’d, most likely, still be doing the washing on rainy days.    I seem to have drifted a bit .... all because I now plan my washing days..... anyway we have had a gorgeous day!

Emily and John are arriving tomorrow, and will stay for  a couple of nights .... I’d
Rainbow over Williamsburgh, Elie
better drag the Hoover around, and make the old place look tidy.   It will be good to catch up with all the ‘News’ from Somerset and Sussex, and all points between there and here!

I guess I’d better bumble orf to bed .... I feel tired after a reasonably active day.   The weather looks ‘more of the same’ for tomorrow, and indeed for the next few days:  Spring is here at last!

Photographs : Top – The Breakwater Elie, at sunrise time this morning, Middle – Elie Bay, and Bottom – part of a rainbow over Williamsburgh, Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....