"Blob" is 'in love' .....


22nd March 2016 (Tuesday) .... 08.00     We have a “bright and sunny” morning, and it’s warm;   as long as you are sheltered from the chilly Northwest breeze.     Having said that .... I was ‘out’, on the Chapel Green at 05.50, waiting for
Sunrise from Chapel Green Earlsferry
‘sunrise’, and it was chilly then;    it will be less so now.    The sun appearing over the horizon was hidden by clouds:   and didn’t appear above those clouds for another ten minutes:   still it was bonnie and, for me,  well worth the early start to my day.     I’ll take ‘50’ in the Hutte.... after the sun has raised the temperature, to around 65f.      “Puku” is grumbling so it must be breakfast time!

21.30     Oh Dearie me .... “Blob” is in the state of being ‘in love’!   He’s doing his best to attract this ‘girl’;   and she is not playing ‘hard to get’.   Jimmy and I saw them doing the ‘Robin mating dance’ on top of the wall... “Blob” was doing most of the dancing, but she (the hussy) was egging him on.    They never got to the bit where he ‘warms his feet’ .... a Jackdaw came down a
Early morning sunlit Earlsferry
nd both Robins took orf..... no doubt to continue their ‘courtship’ somewhere away from Jackdaws!     Yes I can imagine the sound of  “Blob” wedding bells in tomorrow’s dawn chorus;   if he’s giving it laldie from the top of the Rowan tree I will know he’s got himself a ‘mate’.

 Unless I’m mistaken, “Blob” is descended from “Auld Blob”, who  disappeared last Autumn (2015);  he would be six years old, having been hatched the year Maggie died 2009.....   a good age for a Robin.  

When Jimmy and I got back from t Andrews Hospital, this afternoon (where Jimmy had a check up appointment),  I started Jim’s ‘buggy’:  Jim and Myra should be  back home  at the end of the week, after a break in the sun.    They will be glad to get back home to The Royal Burgh, and “Sooper Dog”, in time for Easter.  
Warm looking golf course

The barometer is ‘gaun back’, which means a change in the weather.... I’m hoping it’s not ‘wet and windy’ again.     I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised to get some wind .... there’s always wind around equinox time.

Photographs : Top – Sunrise from Chapel Green, Middle – early morning light on Earlsferry, and Bottom – a cosy looking golf course, though it wasn’t that warm at the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....