Sunny and warm ....

20th July 2026 (Monday)     10.00 .... It looks, and feels like  this could be a hot day;  I noticed the

Photo Courtesy BBC News Channel
warm air as soon as I stepped outside this morning.   There is a light NW breeze, to dry any washing .... and take the edge off the heat from the midday sun.

Today we have the 'changeover' of Prime Minister's at  "No 10": Sir Keir Starmer moving 'out', and 'Andy' Burnham moving 'in    It will  be an interesting day;  in fact we could be in for a few 'interesting days' over the next couple of  years.

16.30    It has been a bonnie sunny day, but too hot outside for me in the afternoon.   However the washing dried perfectly;  in fact I'm wondering if I need to iron  the sheets!    I forgot the pillow cases, but I'll put them through the machine after this update.   They might even be dry by sunset time.

Photo Courtesy BBC News Channel.
With the change of Prime Minister's, this has been a busy day at Westminster!   And the weather was perfect!    I was able to take photographs off the new TV;  the photographs are much sharper than the old TV;  and there are no blemishes on the screen.  I am extremely happy.  This means that I have had a restful day with the camera, and the BBC News Channel.


I had a telephone appointment with the ENT Doctor at the Victoria Hospital today;  which I was going to take on my new mobile phone number!   Unfortunately I pressed the wrong 'button' when the call came, and I switched the phone (and the Doctor) off!   Luckily the Doctor had allowed for such a blunder, and phoned me on the landline.   (Note to me! ... I must practice with the new mobile!)    The outcome of the phone call?.... I have to have a brain scan;  this is the usual practice when a problem is found during hearing aid tests.   I'm looking forward to finding out the size of my brain!    

I'm going to bring in the sheets;  and I'll iron them.... even if it's only to make a crease up the middle of

Photo Courtesy BBC News Channel.
them!   I'd feel guilty if I didn't! 

22.00    The new PM (Andy Burnham) has been busy picking his Cabinet today.  His intention seems to be;  give  devolution  to other parts of the UK, then knit them together to make a hard working country, that all the devolved units' will be proud to be part of;  and a country respected on the  International stage.   

It will be interesting to see how the new Government goes about it's business;  it's going to be 'hard work' for all of the new Ministers, and there will be tough decisions to be made:  but Keir Starmer has given you the majority to do it.... being positive w\ill get the job  done.    Interesting times ahead.

Today's photographs are from the BBC News Channel:  Top - the Houses of Parliament (London). Middle - HM The King accepting Sir Keir Starmer's resignation .... and Bottom  - HM The King agreeing to PM Andy Burnham forming a new Government.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Overcast ....

Windy and wet .....