Really quiet morning ....
21st July 2026 (Tuesday) 09.15 ..... It was really quiet, and peaceful, when I had a short daunder
up to the Phone box, then down to Ferry Corner with the camera. The only sound breaking the peace was a 'boy' Wood Pigeon trying to impress a 'girl'. Not the most interesting of sounds on a nice morning like this. She wasn't that impressed either! Anyway it's a lovely morning, albeit not a very romantic one for our Boy! Not me ....The Wood Pigeon!20.00 It has been another bonnie, sunny and warm, day. Perfect for the holiday makers; but nor for me. From midday until 17.00 I'm only good for watching TV and dropping off the sleep now and again.
However I did have a busy morning. When I set off to Elie (in the car), to hand in my prescription at the Chemist, and my BP list at the Surgery; that was the 'plan'. But, on leaving the Surgery I decided I'd go home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar. I was happily bumbling along, when, at the Ardross cottages I heard the Ardross a clink of glass from the bag of jars and bottles in the boot. The 'plan' was changed; I'd go to the Bottle Bank at 'The Store' (Ainster') and come home by way of the Kellie Castle back road.
There are parking places (Disabled) adjacent to the re-cycling place at The Store, and a Trolley Bay: I had my wallet with me, so why not have a wee daunder roond the shop? I moored up the car, dumped the glass, picked up a trolley, and had another daunder. It cost me £32. 46p. Money well spent on vitally needed goo ... er... vitally needed food!
Which reminds me; included in the 'food' was a Lemon Drizzle cake. I'll have a lump o' that after this update. According to Laurie (the hypertension Nurse) I've lost 2 kg. Fat weighs less than muscle! That might explain the weight loss. Anyway I've had a busy day, and must have burned off at a few calories, so can have a wee bit of low calorie cake!
I've come to the conclusion that there are no quiet places in the East Neuk anymore. Draw a line from St Andrews to Leven; and I have biked all the roads, including the 'back' roads, south of that line many times. Aye, and a load of the the roads on the other side of the line. All the way to Edinburgh, Stirling and Callander. I wouldn't do it now, the roads (and streets) are far too busy; aye even the 'back' roads.
No 'plan' for tomorrow; certainly don't need to go shopping! If it's quiet in the morning, I might get'The Buggy' out and go 'roond the Ferry'. I don't think, even though I am insured for travelling on the road, I'd be popular tackling Elie and the Harbour on 'The Buggy'.
The 'News' at present is mostly about the Labour Party transiting from a Keir Starmer lead Cabinet to the 'Andy' Burnham lead Cabinet! For some reason I can't help thinking that the Andy Burnham lead Cabinet is, to use a football term, "the second eleven". It's definitely going to be different.


