Nice morning ....

22nd July 2026 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    It's a nice, quiet morning;  apart from the Wood Pigeon

trying hard to attract a female.   Not the birdsong(?) I really want to hear!   Forget him (the 'Woodie') I had a wee bit of excitement this morning as I was going for a shower:  a butterfly on the inside of the ff the back door. trying to get out.    It's a glass door.   I immediately went for the camera;  and got a reasonable photograph of it.... a 'Meadow Brown'.    A common butterfly on the golf course, but a first inside Ivy Cottage.  It was when I caught the butterfly, and and put him outside I realised that the camera was all I was wearing!  Not a pretty sight (oh the camera was OK, it was what it was hanging on that wasn't a pretty sight);  no wonder the butterfly was trying to escape!   Anyway;  the top photograph is of a Meadow Brown butterfly:  and, yes! .... I am going to clean the back door 'gless'!  After I have an early morning coffee!

17.00    Progress is being made  with cleaning the 'gless' door;  the inside just needs a final going over.   It's a job that allows me to break off and do other things.   The 'plan' is to finish the inside, after this update.   One of the other things was renewing my TV licence online;  that's been done, though I did have to 'converse' with Google at one point.   I'd hit a wrong 'button' that led to complications.    Anyway my licence to watch TV has been renewed.   I think I'll finish the door now.

I've had a eventful day;  a butterfly on the inside of the glass door in the morning, and a strange girl's voice, coming from the glass door, in the early afternoon.   I was in the kitchen , filling the dishwasher, and went to the front door, thinking my hearing aids had the direction wrong.   But nothing wrong with the direction; there was a lady at the back door.    It turned out the lady was looking for Fiona and Matt of 'Little Cottage', so I pointed her to the 'Little Cottage' gate, and off she went.

The inside of the 'gless' door is finished, and I have even made start on the outside.    Actually I think I might paint the outside, it's badly needing it;  and the weather is good for painting just now.    I'll have a look at the tins of paint I have in the shed;  I think I have Undercoat and Gloss, but might need to go to B & Q's for a couple of brushes.   

The photograph of Michael at his Graduation Ceremony (Master's)  arrived on the Frameo more than a
week ago:  and I have been trying to photograph the photograph, ever since!    The problem is that the Frameo is set at 'Random' and I'll have missed it umpteen times when not actually in the Living Room (sometimes Lounge) where the Frameo is.   Anyway I was able to photograph  the photo this morning;  by sheer luck it came up as sat down to my early morning coffee! .... and I had the camera ready!   

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Overcast ....

Windy and wet .....