Lovely morning ....

27th July 2026 (Monday)     10.00 .... We have a bright and sunny morning;  in fact we had 'wall to

Speckled Wood.
wall' blue sky earlier but we have  clouds drifting over..    Actually the early morning air (06.30)  had that lovely, fresh feeling that you notice at this time of year:  I suppose you could call it the first sign of Autumn.    Anyway the sun soon changed it, and we now have a warm Summer's day.... that could turn uncomfortably hot.

I have been almost busy this morning.   There's a washing on the line;  and I'm now organising 'The Hutte' for Winter .... oops .... er for Summer and Autumn!    I'm feeling playful.  

16.45    Joyful 'me';  I've had, what could be called a relaxing day.   I've done 'bits and pieces'  around Ivy, and 'The Hutte'.   Actually it was too hot, in The Hutte, to do anything after 13.30, so I came in, and caught up with what's happening with the wildfires in France, Spain and Italy.    Thankfully the the Cairngorms National Park fire seems to be under control.    Yes it has been a relaxing day. 

Fritillary.  
22.30     There's a cooler feel to the air tonight;  I think rain is forecast to arrive, later tonight, and be with us, intermittently, until mid morning.   I'm contemplating making an appointment at Lorraine's to have my haircut.   I'll see how the weather is. 

When I came in out of the heat in the afternoon, I decided to have a browse in the Alberto Archive.   Today's photographs are from that browsing session.  

Jim and I had favourite places  at Shell Bay woods for photographing  butterflies, and other insects.    Two places, with an abundance of Knapweed flowers. were particularly good!    Although we photographed, and recorded a Speckled Wood at Shell Bay woods, the one in the photograph (better example) was taken in Buxted Park in Sussex.  The Fritillary  was taken at Shell Bay!   I think it is a Dark green Fritillary.... the most common of the Fritillary butterflies.

Apart from thinking of organising a haircut, I have no 'plan' for tomorrow.   I'll see what the weather is

doing in the morning.    It's time for the Horlicks.   I'm tired tonight, it must be the weather, because I haven't been doing very much 'work'.



Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....