Nice morning ....
5th July 2026 ( Sunday) This is Maggie's Birthday, she would have been 85 today, so;
"Happy Birthday to 'The Boss'.xx I've no doubt that she will be busy, Hooverin and Dustin her way round Heaven!10.00 We have a nice, peaceful, kind of morning; but the sky started to cloud over in the past hour, and
light rain is forecast. I have some Hooverin' and dustin' to do this morning, I'll get that done after this update, and before morning coffee!
20.00 Jackie arrived round about 16.00, unloaded the car then went and found a parking space. We then had a cuppa and catch up chat before dinner. Jackie is having a walk round the village, so I am going to update 'The Hutte'.
As you can see from the top photograph things are going to happen on Ferry Road this week. Eight enough; it's a few months since we've had traffic anything happening on Ferry Road, We were starting ti feel neglected! I don't actually know that is happening so tomorrow will be interesting.
This morning, I suddenly woke up to a state of 'Full Alert', when I saw a workman passing the gate with an armful of traffic cones! I asked him what was happening, to which he replied "I'm sorry I don't know, all I do is put out the cones"! I asked him about Parking and he said it would be "alright to park outwith the coned area, as I have a Blue Badge. So I am up, just beyond 'Valleyfield'..... having left enough room for George to park at his gate. That sorted out the 'Parking'.
The 'cone man' didn't know it, but, while he was putting out the cones, and I was having a cuppa a sudden thought came into my head: if parking at the gate is out of order for the week, I'd better do a shopping today! Flap 'on'! I gulped down the tea (nearly choked on the biscuit), then thought about what I wanted... and even what I actually needed, and decided that Leven would be mt destination!
I shall never moan about how busy the toads are again; well... maybe now and again, but not often! This morning we had everything a group of cyclists for about half a mile, until they turned off the Main Road, Then a badly parked van caused delays in Lundin Links. And the number of vehicles on the road, in both direction, far exceeded anything I've seen on the Leven Road before.
Jackie is going to have a tidy up o' the garden tomorrow morning, then visit a friend after lunch. Me?
.... I'll do some pottering around Ivy. Today I found a Channel on the TV showing 'le Tour'. I couldn't understand a word of the commentary. It was, as I found out, after Michael told me....'Welsh'! Anyway I now have tennis, football, and le Tour to watch; now and again... in between the 'ooverin' and dustin'.Today's Photographs : Top and Bottom - Notice board, and cones. Middle -Jackie at Maggie's Seat!


