Light rain ....
26th July 2026 (Sunday) 09.00 We have light rain this morning, with sunny spells to come
our way later; it's actually a nice quiet morning. It's heavy rain the firefighters need in the Cairngorms, to help put the wildfires out. In Europe some of the fires are out of control; they too, need really heavy rain. This has brought back memories of a small forest fire at Crathes, in 1946.Meanwhile, I'm going to Methil to annoy Alice, then we'll go to Leven to so some shopping.... after I have another cuppa.
21.30 It had been a lovely day; and the spells of heavy rain are included!.... because flower the tubs have been well watered today!
Alice enjoyed her Coach holiday in Wales; she made some new friends, did some touring, managed to find some shops, and generally had a good time. We found one shop today; Sainsbury's, where we the little amount of stuff we were needing. The shop was quiet, which was unusual because it's normally busy on a Sunday. We went back to Alice's and had lunch, followed by a mug o' coffee; and a 'putting the World right' session.
Surprise surprise; I only had one set of temporary traffic lights to contend with today; about 300 metres from Alice HQ, but the roads were as they are always nowadays,..... busy.
Iain (Auchnagatt) was telling me that they had to close all the house windows because of smoke from the Cairngorms National Park wild fires. Aberdeen has been badly affected by the smoke. Iain never had heavy ain today, which is what they Cairngorms need to put the wild fires out. As does Europe!
23.00 I've had a browsing session; a long, and enjoyable one! Anyway today's photographs were taken in Nyman's National Trust Garden, near Hayward's Heath in 2014.. What a place that is; well worth a visit if you want to have a relaxing day out in 'Sunny Sussex'!
I have no 'plan' for tomorrow; I fancy having a really quiet day pottering around Ivy. The weather
forecast is good, so it will probably be warm in the middle of the day. This warm/hot weather has me sleeping longer in the afternoon; not just a catnap!Rop photo - Comma butterfly, Middle - Gladiola flower, and bottom - Janice and Michael in the Woodland glade.


