Sunny and warm ....

9th July 2026 (Wednesday)     09.45 .... It's sunny and warm, but there's a cooling SW breeze so not

too not out in the open:   the patio? ... er... cosy!    In fact I might have my morning coffee  out there.   It's a perfect drying day, so the washing is on the line:  and there's a cat in the garden!    The local Crow is not happy. 

20.00    My word;  it has been a bonnie, sunny and hot day; it was still 25C on the patio thermometer at 18.00.    Up till about 13.00 it was comfortably warm, but the afternoon was hot.   I went inside and watched the tennis.    It must have been horrendously hot for the competitors;   and uncomfortable for the spectators sitting in the sun.

I went down to get a few photos of the progress re the new telegraph pole;  there has been a lot going on there since morning time.   And we have lovely, freshly painted Lines all around The Ferry... where they can get at them.   The Ferry side of Ferry Road has been done!   With this being the holiday season we have few extra cars etc. 'moored up' all over the place.   The Open is at St Andrews next year so Fife Council  will want all the East Neuk villages to look good for the visitors.

When down there watching the activity,  I had a wander along to check the car;  and that I'd left the Blue Badge out.    I had!  But I noticed that it expires next month.   'Flap On'!    Then I remembered that I'd applied to have my badge renewed;  I now have to wait for Fife Council to let me know that they have processed the badge'   It costs £20 for renewal.    'Flap Off', so I wandered back to Ivy, and a welcome cuppa... plus a celebratory 'goodie'.

22.45    It's going to be warm tonight, so the fan will be an (at the lowest setting)   all night.    It's amazing that difference that makes.    I don't know if the fan makes a  noise, but I'll try it out when I have my hearing aids in tomorrow.    I certainly don't hear anything just now!

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Overcast ....

Windy and wet .....