Nice morning ....
31st July 2026 (Friday) 07.30 ..... It's a bonnie morning, with a nice fresh feel to the air; a day
for doing things. Me? ..... I'm going to have a 'rest' day. I got 'up' at 06.00 as planned, but I don't think I'll be doing much today. I didn't do very much yesterday, but walking round the supermarket tires the auld legs. ... and I'm excited about the 'Troops' coming. Yes... this could be a 'rest day'.20.30 'The Troops' are here! 'Ivy Cottage' is alive; with young, happy (maist o' the time) sounds. Sometimes they both want the same thing, and that can lead to .... a temporary tiff. I'm surprised at how advanced they both are: and how inquisitive they are. And Ivy Cottage is full of things that need investigating! The TV 'button' have been for a couple of walks; and are now in a 'safe' place.
As planned I had a 'rest day'! .... na different kind o' rest day. They have been to the beach, and had a mandatory dig in the sand: it will be a couple of years before they do a 'beach drainer'; but they definitely have the natural instincts for that.
Having got 'up' early to do things, I was in much need of my afternoon siesta.; so I fell sound asleep, in 'The Hutte' ,for over an hour. Emily and John, drove up from Somerset overnight, so John was in need of a nap in the afternoon too.... as he had done most of the driving. While we were both sleeping, Emily took Henry and Austen for a walk to the harbour.
Emily and John are going to Pittenweem Art Festival tomorrow; an Artist friend is exhibiting. I can't do the walking involved now, so can't go.
The combination of getting getting up at 06.00 and excitement has got me really tired tonight. I won't have much trouble sleeping! I don't have a'plan' for tomorrow; I'll just enjoy the company of 'The Troops'.... and have the occasional cat nap in The Hutte.

