Nice morning ....

1st July 2026 (Wednesday)     10.00 .... There's light cloud, with sunny spells at KY9.  However, and

this is good news;  light showers are to be with us most of the day.    That's the flower tubs taken care of.... we have a 'Happy Boy' at Ivy!   I'm going to do the ironing after this update, have morning coffee, then take a trip to the bottle bank at Woodhaven.    I thought there might be a bottle bank at Sainsbury's, but there isn't.

21.00    It has been a strange day for me;  I was busy until midday.   After midday I completely ran out of steam.    I'd done most of the ironing in the morning, and will do two sheets  still to do, after this update.

I had organised my day round watching the England v DR Congo World Cup game on BBC1!   After the kick off I decided to pit the kettle 'on' and make myself a late afternoon coffee.   I missed the first goal!  It was 1 - 0 to DR Congo when I got back in front of the TV.    England won 2 - 1 in the end  but they had to work for the win.    It's good seeing, the lesser known football playing Nations, give the 'Big Names' a fright!

The rain that I wanted didn't arrive until later in the afternoon;  by which time I was thinking I'd have to get the watering cans in action.    However the rain is here, and it's perfect;  light and steady, like a watering can!    This kind of rain let's me off watering the flowers for at least a couple of days.

22.30    Tomorrow I have to go to the Skeith Centre in Anstruther;  and I'll use the Bottle Bank at The Store.  The bottles clinking in the car boot every time I go over a bad bit of road, is annoying.   And there are a lot of bad bits on our roads nowadays.

As you can see my Spear Thistle is starting to flower;  and it is a bonnie flower.   Every year I have a
single Spear Thistle, and always in a different corner of the garden.   This year it's at the back door, so will be photographed regularly over the next few weeks.  

The bottom photo, for all my English friends,  is Courtesy the BBC Sports Channel.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Overcast ....

Windy and wet .....