Bonnie morrrrrrrrrning .....

24th July 2026 (Friday)     10.15 .... There's an even mix of clouds and blue sky just now, so loads of sunny spells.... and they would be hot sunny spells if it wasn't for the fresh breeze.  I have the feeling that it will be too hot in the middle of the day.    A good drying day for any washing!    I'm thinking of preparing the outside of the 'gless' door for painting.   I'll see how active I feel after 'morning coffee'.

19.45    We've had a 'bright and breezy' day, and even though breezy it was still too hot for me outside from, round about 11.30..   Which was, for a change, lucky;  because a bundle of photographs came in to the Frameo.   I haven't got the hang of going in to the Frameo and altering it from 'random'.   So I had an enjoyable hour and a half , waiting for the 'new' arrivals to randomly appear.    The Frameo booklet might be my bedtime reading tonight.

There has been a lot of traffic on Ferry Road today.    I suppose this could be a change over weekend for some houses, which would explain some of the traffic.    Earlsferry (The Royal Burgh of) is not the quiet place it once was.  That said,  this is the first summer I've had my hearing aids:  and I can tell you they work!

There's a low chance that we might get some light rain by midnight.   I'm going to water the tubs anyway;  they need more than 'light rain'.    A deluge from the watering can is what they get.  I look at the clouds that are coming over, and sometimes they do look promising;  I think we might be lucky and get some of the 'light showers that are forecast.


I didn't make much progress with the back door;  it was just too hot.  I got the rools and sandpaper

out,but that was about it.   Now I'm thinking of my delicate hands..... how will they cope with rough work again?  I'll have to wear gloves!    

 I'm going to put the kettle 'on'  before watering the tubs;  followed by an 'after watering' cuppa .... and perhaps even a 'goodie'.

22.30     We have  rain!     The patio is really wet, so the tubs will be having an extra drink,     I might not have to water them tomorrow.

I've been watching The Commonwealth Games (swimming) on BBC Alba;   it's on BBC i Player so  I'll get it all tomorrow.    This hot weather is hard to get used to;  it just grounds me.   Although it's cool inside,  the sun still it affects me;  aye even when it's cloudy.    

This is the first summer that the heat has affected me this way;   could my sylph like body be getting

older?    It's bedtime, and it (the sylph like body) will, hopefully, have a nice long, and unbroken, night's sleep.  

After the rain there should be a healthier, and cooler air tomorrow.   I've got the Frameo book to read through tonight.   Got to find out how compli ... er easy it is to do stuff on it!  

Today's photies;  Top: Austen's Christening,  Second Photo;  Janice and Michael with Austen, third and fourth photos; -- big brother Henry, with Michael and Janice at 'home'.  

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....