Bright and breezy ....

11th September 2026 (Friday)      25th Anniversary of the "9/11" terrorist attack on the Twin Rowers,  of the World Trade Centre, New York.    Sadly, 2,977  people were killed by this attack, nearly 400 of them  Fire Fighters while trying to save people. when, suddenly,  the Twin Towers collapsed.  A truly sad day for the USA, and the World.   

09.15 .... We have a bright and breezy morning here;  and my washing is on the line.    This is going to
be  a quiet 'rest day' for me.   I will have an early morning coffee in The Hutte after this update.

19.30   The weather has been nice, and the golf course was busy.    I never went up there but so plenty of golfers crossing the Ferry Road anytime I went out to the gate.   Although this was to be a rest day, I have been 'working;  did some 'ousework, and the ironing after I brought in the washing.   I also did a couple of Soduko's, out in The Hutte.

Today has been about remembering the The Twin Towers  terrorist attack 25 years ago;   it has been a poignant day with much sadness, love, and never to be forgotten memories of those killed on '9/11', 2001.  My thought tonight are with the families that lost loved ones on that day:  loved ones that will always be remembered.

Watching it was so 'unreal';  it was almost hard to believe it was happening.   But it was really happening!    One of the biggest shocks to me, was watching a whole airliner disappear into one of the Towers.    Then later watching the communication mast atop the second tower, sort of sedately drop into the smoke and dust., when that tower collapsed.     Then there people  jumping from the Towers ,with no hope of surviving the drop.  That was a sad day indeed.    There was much hatred then;  and there's still much hatred all around the World today!    "Man's inhumanity to man make countless thousands mourn".

22.00    Tomorrow will have to be a 'work day';   this 'rest day' had too much 'rest' in it!    I did notice
that Ferry Road was busy with traffic today;  I imagine it will be with folk coming to enjoy our bonnie little corner of Mother Earth;  which is good.   But my quiet corners are no longer quiet.... and the quiet back toads busy.   Never mind my 'new' quiet place will just have to be The Hutte!

Today's photographs Courtesy BBC News Channel.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....