Lazy day


30th October 2015 (Friday) .... 14.30     All my travelling yesterday has left me feeling lethargic today, though I been ‘out and about’ this morning.     Jim and I took “SD” up to Shell Bay woods for his morning gallop, just as the rain started so
Rain approaching Elie
we missed the heavy stuff.    Jim then picked up Myra and  the three of us went to the Harbour House for morning coffee.... and a quiet blether.    By the time we left Harbour House the rain had stopped, and the sky was beginning to clear;   it’s now ‘bright and sunny’.

My lethargy hadn’t left me by midday so I went to the Chemist’s and bought a pack of Lemsips .... and had a run down to the harbour.     I was approaching the bottom of Admiralty Lane when Jimmy suddenly, ... er, .. suddenly isn’t the word ... ‘bumbled’ into view’.    I picked him up and took him along to the harbour where he could walk  out to the end of the pier;   when he was doing this I would be taking photos on the beach.    The weather had improved to ‘pleasant’ by now so we were in no great hurry.     Eventually, having done the ‘harbour thing’ we went back to Ivy to have a cuppa, before I took Jimmy
Elie today
back to Wadeslea:   with me retracing “SB’s” wheel prints back to Ivy .... and a Lemsip.

22.00      My afternoon has been spent pottering around Ivy trying to shake off this lack lustre feeling.... and generally have had a ‘lazy’ day.    I’ve been watching the television on and off .... there was an interesting programme about chimpanzees in the afternoon, which I missed the end of because I fell asleep.    I’ll pick that up on i-player.    In the evening I watched the gymnastics, and it took me a while to work out what was missing!    Puku’s that’s what!     Not a decent “Puku” in sight!     When doing the floor exercise I’m sure a puku would give them a bit of bounce!     Then there
Elie pier ... with Jimmy on it!
came the rugby.    My eyeballs have had  a strenuous day.

My day ended with a nice hot bath, my first bath since my hip replacement.    I wondered about getting ‘up and out of the bath’, but reasoned that I forget about the hip most of the time, so I’d just be careful.     Showers are fine, but I do like a long soak in the bath once a week.

Photographs : Top – threatening weather in the Firth, Middle – Elie this morning,  and Bottom – Jimmy walking on the  pier!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....