29th October 2015 (Thursday) .... 07.15     The clear sky and bright moon we had earlier, has been covered by a threatening bank of cloud moving in from the Southwest.   The forecast is for dour, wet weather in the morning, then brightening 
Kirkcaldy High Street
up in the afternoon .... a perfect morning for travelling  to Kirkcaldy in a bus;   with someone else doing the driving.    I’m feeling ‘livelier’ this morning;   having felt  ‘one degree under’ for the past couple of days .... probably brought in on the East wind.     Must ‘go’ ....ever so slight ‘flap on’;   I’m hungry.

22.30     Happy happy me.... I have had a busy, and successful day, managing to achieve everything I set out to do;   but I was really glad to get to the “Drop in Cafe” to ‘fall apart’ and have a cuppa amongst friends, at the end of all the travelling etc!     Honor came along to join us;   she was saying that Jock would have loved to be there too, but wanted to finish the housework, before making dinner.    


Kirkcaldy Yummy shop
My morning began with Wallace and Gromit going ‘walkies’... at 06.00.     The moon was still visible at that time, but, by the time I left for St Monans at 08.10 it had started to rain:   and it didn’t stop until 11.00, by which time I’d completed my “Top Secret” mission in Kirkcaldy, and was ready for my first cuppa.    Refreshed,  and  relaxed, I quickly finished the shopping then took the 7B bus back to Leven, where I did the last of my missions for today, then caught the 95 bus back to St Monans.    Of all the buses I was on today this one had the driver who impressed me most.    She, yes a girl, began her shift by producing one of those window cleaning squirty bottles and cleaned all the windows round the drivers cab so  that she had clear visibility.    I was beginning to think she might bring out a Hoover and give the whole bus a quick clean .... but nope.    This lady was not only fussy re the clean windows;   she was also a really good driver;    no walloping about in the seat with fierce braking or cornering, just plain
The Ferry beach
good driving.

At St Monans I picked up “Sooper Buggy”, complete with a new valve in the leaky tyre, and poodled my way back to Elie and the “Drop in Cafe”.     My ‘daylight’ part of the day ended with a quick daunder down to the beach at sunset:  it wasn’t a spectacular sunset compared to some, but it was bonnie, and I was at home on ‘my’ beach.

Photographs : Top – Kirkcaldy High Street ... it was still raining at this time, Middle – I had to take this photo.   I wonder why I thought of Fiona when I saw this shop?     Bottom – The Ferry beach at sunset.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....