27th October 2015
(Tuesday) .... 10.00     One thing about our Scottish weather .... it’s  changeable.    Yesterday was a lovely ‘Indian Summer’ kind of day;  today it’s grey and dreich, with an East wind bringing in low cloud and drizzle from the North Sea.    It is not a morning for poodling about on the beach, however it is a good day for visiting the
Windmill in the afternoon.      I’ll take the laptop through to the kitchen and ‘play’ on it, and bake my way the morning time.      Before anything else I’ll have another cuppa.

22.00      For the first time in a long while I went with the ‘plan for today’ .... baked in the morning, Windmill in the afternoon.     The baking was a disaster:   I wanted to do ANZAC biscuits to the same recipe as the last time, but I could not find it.... and I spent a long time on the laptop looking for it.     The recipe I wanted uses measurement by weight, every recipe I found today uses ‘cups of’... and for me that does not work.    That said the ANZAC’s I did produce are really tasty, and the nearest to the ‘ANZAC’s Gone Wrong’ that I made down at Janice’s at the beginning of the year.    But they’re not what I set out to make!    Anyway before I knew it I had two wire trays covered with flat, two tone, not very pliable  ANZAC biccies.    They were two tone because they were black roond the edges!    However, the morning fiasco ended up being a success .... “Puku” likes them!  

Jimmy and I had a very agreeable visit to the Windmill in the afternoon.     Chris was in excellent form, singing along to Sheila on the piano;  it’s odd how Chris, and the other Residents, can remember the words to songs, perhaps we should  ‘sing’ more.  She was even dancing at one point.    It was good to see her so happy... it was good to see both Chris and Jimmy so happy.         

Wilma is confined to her bed now, because she is so frail, but that didn’t stop her eyes lighting up when she saw me ... that’s something that never ceases to amaze me.    She doesn’t even know who I am, only that we went to the Waid at the same time, yet she is happy when she sees me.    It makes me happy to think I’m making her happy even for
a short, soon forgotten, time.    Before I visit Wilma, or my Mother in Law, I always ask the Nurse if this would be Okay.

Back at Ivy Jim came down and we managed to fit his new camera lens ... a finicky job but easy enough after we worked out what to do.

Photographs : Top – the sky over Earlsferry yesterday evening, Middle – the Ferry beach, with dog walkers (girlfriends), and Bottom – the Ferry beach from the bents.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....