Nuts and cones morning - hibernate!


2nd November 2015
(Monday) .....  08.30     Yesterday we had  fantastic weather for the time of year .... and I was looking forward to more of it, however the forecast is for typical November weather for the next few days.   This morning we have ‘normal’ November weather..... dull and damp, though not cold.     I’ll put the kettle ‘on’ , make a cuppa, then do an
Chapel Green this morning
ironing.... the tide is ‘wrong’ for me going down to the rocks .... it’s ‘in’.     Low tide is around

18.30     What I thought was going to be a ‘grey’ and dismal kind of day, turned into a busy, happy ‘doing stuff ‘ day.   During the aforementioned cuppa,  I eventually decided that I’d go out in the early morning and get some ‘foggy’ photographs:   across the golf course the round Chapel Green and down to and home via the beach, the point of this exercise being:  I’ve got legs, “use ‘em, or lose ‘em”.   When I got back to Ivy Jim phoned to say that the “Deer Centre” trip, planned yesterday, was still on, so I had a quick cuppa and orf we went.   By the time we got to R
Fog clearing near Balneil
obin Gray’s the sky was clearing, by Largoward we were in bright sunshine.      Unfortunately when we got to the other side of the hill and began to drop down to Pitscottie we drove into the fog again .... and that was how it remained for the rest of our trip.   We had coffee and a scone in the “Deer Centre” Cafe, then went for a walk round Birnie Loch to give “SD” his exercise.    Although the weather was still ‘grey’, the trees round the lochside, dressed in their autumn finer, and reflected in the still water of the loch, brightened the whole landscape ... we were happy.    On the way home we went back in to the deer Centre
Birnie Loch
for a bowl of soup.... which took care of lunch.     We never did get sunshine again today, even Largoward and Balcarres, sunny in the way up were grey on the way home.

Since then I have ‘sorted’ the photos I ‘took’ today, had a much needed ‘50’,, fed “Puku” ... again, and will be picking Jimmy up at 19.00 to go along to Skipper’s for an hour or so.     A very satisfying day after a dull start.
midday.
22.00     It’s one tired ‘me’ that’s going to bed tonight, after a nice evening up at West Lodge (Skipper’s) with plenty blethering going on.    The date for Hilda’s (my Mother in Law) funeral has still to be set, but we should know in the next day or so.
I’m going to Leven in the morning on the bus.... got some bits and pieces to sort out before I go orf to Sussex for Michael’s wedding.    I’m hoping it’s ‘double decker’.... haven’t been upstairs on a bus since the hip-op.   
Photographs : Top – Chapel Green, Earlsferry this morning, Middle – Birnie Loch, and Bottom – empty ‘romantic seat’ at Birnie Loch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....