Quiet morning ....
22nd June 2026 (Monday) 14.00 .... Michael and Janice are on their way South to Sunny
Sussex.... and a heat warning. Here, in KY 9, we have a lightly clouded sky with the chance of occasional light rain now and again.We were on our way to Leven Station about 09.00, and, having got through the temporary traffic lights, in Lundin Links, after a short delay, we arrived at the station to find the train standing at the platform. But we were in plenty time so 'Flap Off'. I sat on the edge of the car boot, to wave The Troops' on their way. Ivy Cottage always feels hugely empty after any of the Troops go back home; and that's how it feels now. Not only that; I took one photograph at Leven Station and the camera battery went flat. The rucksack you see on the left is on Michael's back!
From the Station I went up to have a cuppa with Alice, and catch up with some of her News, before travelling back to Ivy. Alice had been baking so I had a bit of Apple cake, and a long natter before I set of for home .... with another piece of Apple cake in my bag, to have with my afternoon coffee.
The photie on the left was taken by Janice (or Michael); that's 'The Boy' just before 'he' opened the car boot to sit down!
21.30 This has been a momentous day in UK politics; with the Prime Minister, Sir Keir Starmer, the Leader that brought the Labour Party out of the wilderness, with a huge majority in Parliament, having to resign, because of pressure from the back bench MP's. I still think that Sir Keir, and his Team, should have been given the whole five year term to get 'on with the job' of putting the country back on it's feet.
So what happens next? It looks like the next Leader of the Labour Party, and Prime Minister of the
UK, is going to be Andy Burnham, the former Lord Mayor of Manchester. Anyway the 'New' Prime Minister, will inherit the problems that his predecessor Sir Keir Starmer and his Team, were beginning to sort out! Especially interesting, will be how the new PM sorts out the Welfare problem, which is becoming unsustainable: and where does he get the huge amount of money, required to upgrade our Armed Forces, from? Very interesting times ahead indeed. Could the Labour Party be going back to the 'wilderness' again?Janice and Michael are back home in a very hot Uckfield. Sleeping will not be very comfortable, in the Southern half of England, for the next few days. Ivy Cottage is empty! I'm going to make a cuppa! and empty the dishwasher.


