Nice morning ....
29th June 2026 (Sunday) 10.00 .... We have clouds scuttling over on a fresh, Westerly, breeze
this morning. At times it looks like we could get a light shower; but showers aren't expected until later in the afternoon. The air is healthier, with the pollen count at Medium; so It's a nice morning for the joggers, as long as they aren't bothered by hay-fever. Me? ....I'm going to have a 'rest' day.19.00 It has been another, warm sunny day; but we did have a cooling Westerly breeze and clouds that obscured the sun now and again. So it has been bearable; but I can well understand why the folk in the Middle east have a siesta.
This was going to be rest day but I did 'ousework in the morning, and pruned a rose bush that has been interfering with my string of patio lights. The lights lit up the patio just perfectly for having a late evening coffee, until a week or so ago when the only lit up as far ad the rose bush. After the pruning I joined the wires together and hope they will light up later tonight.
Some of the clouds coming over have been promising looking; as is they might water the flower tubs on the way over: I haven't been lucky so far. I'll give the clouds another two hours, before I think of filling the watering cans and doing their job for them!
Andy Burnham (probably our next Prime Minister) introduced himself, and his 'Plan' for the UK, at a meeting in Manchester this morning. He said he would do things 'differently'. The devolving of power to local areas of England being one of the most important bits of the 'Plan': you could call it. 'Giving Power to the People'. Anyway .... 'Andy' reminded me of a friend of mine, 'Big Al' from Manchester; 'Big Al' and I worked in the same office at GHQ MELF, (Cyprus), but in different shifts.
The sun is shining brightly, the clouds are fewer, so I might have to water the flower tubs after all! I'll
have a cuppa before I do anything else!The weather forecast has been checked; I was relieved to see that we're to have rain showers overnight and tomorrow. We have a 'happy boy' in Ivy tonight.
Today's photographs: Top - flower in garden, Middle - HMS Belfast photographed by Michael from the top of a London skyscraper, and Bottom - John (Dad) with Austen my great grandson. Photo taken by Emily (Mum) my Granddaughter.


