Light cloud .....
5th October 2026 (Monday) 09.30 .... It's a breezy, grey morning in KY9; at least it's dry,
and nice enough for going 'out and about'. I'll have short walk after morning coffee; the wind is actually quite frisky (F3) so I might stay around the house's; it will be too blustery out in the open. Work? ..... that will be making up 'JB's bed!
and nice enough for going 'out and about'. I'll have short walk after morning coffee; the wind is actually quite frisky (F3) so I might stay around the house's; it will be too blustery out in the open. Work? ..... that will be making up 'JB's bed!
17.00 We have the the Gas people working in Williamsburgh; actually there's only one hole, so not very interesting. The workmen were there so I couldn't have a browse round the hole.
I went as far as the Old Dairy on my walk this morning, the into Rotten Row and up to the Golf Course. There was a fair old breeze blowing ,so I didn't hang around up there; and I couldn't see any golfers on the course, do nae chance of any action shots. About this time we had a few spits ans spots of rain. Irene was working in the garden, but by the time I'd wandered along Cavell Place she had gone. Probably to make Ken a cuppa!
After lunch I switched on the TV, to get the weather forecast and catch up wi' the News. The B - 1 (Lancer) and B - 52 (Stratofortress) bombers leaving Fairford to go back to their home bases in the USA, was surprising news. Anyway I got the weather forecast, and most of the news: then had my after lunch cat - nap. I always watch the early evening BBC News channel at 18.00.
On waking went out to The Hutte, by this time we were in the middle of a sunny spell, did two Soduko's; then attacked Maggie's Ivy bush... that grew from a small piece of decorative ivy she bought for her window boxes! She didn't expect it to survive the winter! It has survived a wheen o' winters! The new 'plan' is to try to cut it off at the roots are and kill it off.
22.30 This has been a funny old day; I haven't achieved as much as I would have liked, but that happens when we get older. I still have the urge to do things, but it's the 'doing' that's the hard bit. I'm good for typing and working on the computer; and making a 'plan' for every day! Happy happy 'me'.
Tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment to have my hair cut; it's beginning to feel uncomfortable.


