Bitterly cold NE wind ....

21st April 2023 Friday   07.30 .... There’s a bitterly cold, raw feeling wind


from the NE this morning;  definitely a winter jacket morning.   This ‘boy’ won’t be venturing further than the car ...to go for the paper.   This is a pottering about in The Hutte day I’m thinkin’....which is good because that is what I was going to do anyway!    ‘Sunny with a fresh breeze’ is the forecast, the temperature 11C.  I need another cuppa.

21.45    I went for the paper;  and, feeling brave(ish) I visited the harbour to take a few photos from my sheltered corners..... so I didn’t feel that cold.   I came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar;  and never went outside the gate after that.    Ferry Road is always cold on an East wind;  and the Hutte is always cosy!  


I made good progress with the Kinneuchar stuff today;  mind you I have half a dozen drawings to do.... today I finished the first one and set up the drawing board for the next one.   With the wind being from the East... and fresh, there’s no way I can go out on the bike so I’ll just keep on ‘working’.    It will be a while before all this is made into a ‘page’ for the blog;  but at least I now know just exactly what is what up at Kinneuchar and can get it down on paper.    I’m a ‘happy boy’ ... or will be, once I get this done.   The remains of the ‘old kirk’ have always fascinated me; at long last I can visualize the ‘old kirk’ (pre Reformation) and what was done to it to convert it to a Presbyterian type kirk, thanks to Rev Sime (might be a relation o’ Maggie’s by the way) who sketched the converted kirk in1818.   I get excited by all this.... but I’m forgetting that you might find it .... welll... boring.   Sorry aboot that.

I’ve had an ‘under the weather’ kind o’ day;  I’m blaming the weather and the after


effects o’ the booster I had last week.  The booster jabs have all had some mild effects that can last a couple o’ weeks.  The longest lasting effect of all the COVID jabs is the inability to do an Extreme level Sudoku for a few weeks.

‘Strong winds and rain’ is the forecast or tomorrow; the morning should be sunny, with rain coming over after lunch.   By ‘rain’ I’m hoping they mean showers.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....