12.30 Although I missed visiting Elie yesterday
all is well, with everything where it should be; I have yet to go up to Chapel Green but I’ll
do that in the afternoon. In fact I might have ‘afternoon coffee’ up there if it isn’t too windy .... and cold. It’s mostly cloudy but we get a sunny spell
now and again so if I time it right it should be fine. Right now I’m beginning to feel peckish....
I suppose I’d better eat something.
 |
| Fife Coastal Path at Chapel Green. |
21.30 My word I did a lot of talking this
afternoon; I fair enjoyed myself. By the middle of the afternoon the sun was
reasonably warm even though the wind was frisky so I went up to Chapel Green
but didn’t take a flask with me. With
hindsight I wish I had so the I could have lubricated my vocal chords. Jean and Jim were out for a walk and I hadn’t
seen them for a long time so we caught up with each other’s news.... I updated Jim about my ‘love life’(I
have a vivid imagination). Chatting to
Jim and Jean fair cheered me up because I had been feeling in the need of
someone to talk too.... so I talked a lot.
But that wasn’t the end of it; I met
Lindsay and we discussed bikes... and there’s more ... when talking to Lindsay I had spotted Irene
in her garden so I went along Caval Place and chatted to her.... and Ken who
had been working in the front garden. I’m a happy boy tonight. The original problem was brought on by reading
about the protests, all over the world by Black People Matter, and I got round
to thinking of how the murder
 |
| Kincraig Cliffs. |
of George Floyd, by the police in Minneapolis,
was not dissimilar to the actions of Hitler’s Brown shirt’s in 1930’s; my word the USA has fallen a long way since
this President was elected. I known that racism in the USA police system is historical but this President is not the kind of person that's going to sort it out.
Plan’s
for tomorrow? .... nowadays it’s not really necessary to make a ‘plan’; it’s not as if I could jump in the car and go
to Kinghorn etc.... and it all depends on what the weather is like as the where
I go on the bike. I think the weather
supposed to be a reasonable tomorrow and the bike battery is fully charged so I
could go to Balcarres; I’ll how the
weather is and how I feel in the morning.